Thursday, May 21, 2009

TKAM #6 Judge Taylor

It was a clear morning today and the only bad thing was I had to do another court case today. This court case is the type of court case that I hate the most because whenever an argument has race included, I know there will be a lot of yelling and the witnesses will be very predujudice. After I got dressed, I said goodbye to my wife and took off. I got to courthouse and I knew I had a long day in front me. As I put on my judges robe, I was mentally preparing myself for boredom and frustration. After the jury got settled, the crowd of people just flooded the court room. After I was announced, I walked in and sat down. We began the case with the opening statements that were not interesting at all because this "Tom Robinson" was all over town and everyone knew his story. The interesting part began when Atticus began arguing because he is never irrelevant. Atticus was my favorite lawyer because of his education of how people respond while lying and how to get the truth out of people. First, Heck Tate was called up because he was a police men called up to the house to help Ms. Ewell. Heck Tate seemed pretty truthful with everything he had said. Mr. Ewell was called up for questioning next and I knew the second he got up in that chair, this was going to be interesting. The questions were flying at him faster than ever, and it seemed that all his answer had to do with Tom Robinson's race and because he's pauper. I knew that Mr. Ewell was full of lies the minute he started talking because I knew that he was an alcoholic and he was a man in an economic crisis with 8 of his children. Later on, Ms.Ewell was called up for questioning and she seemed scared. Atticus was kind of intimidating to Ms. Ewell, maybe he just wanted the truth out of her. I think Ms. Ewell was either slightly crazy or she was just raised wrong and was always trying to get in predicaments. She seemed to be intimidated by everything Atticus said and she thought Atticus was mocking her at a time during the case. Later on, they started questioning Tom Robinson, Tom Robinson seemed like the cleanest guy who would never even dare touch a white women. Atticuse subsequently found a way to prove to the jury that Ms. Ewell was wrong. He seemed truthful through all of his questioning and never seemed nervous. Sure he was a large man and there is a possibility that he could have done this crime but it was just the wrong time to be calling an African American our because you know they will loose.

0 comments: