Monday, May 11, 2009

TKAM (Ms.Maudie) #3

For the first time in years, I finally see snow on top of our houses. This made my day, I’m sure the children enjoyed it to. I was so surprised that snow came down because it was summer. Every day, my evasion told the children to not bother me much because I am hard at work at times. Today, I could not ignore the children, I knew this was a good opportunity for them to have fun and I did not want to ruin it for them. Also, because it was a day off from school for them, I was sure they needed as much concentration as they could have for whatever wacky game they would make up next. Later on in the day, Scout and his brother came to my house asking for my snow. I knew I couldn’t say no to them so I let them have it. I entrusted them to not break my yard but I had a feeling they would.
The kids later on took both my hat and hedge clippers, which made them seem ingenuous to me. It seemed to me like the children were fanatical about building something out of snow because these were one of the rarest times in Maycomb and they had to take the opportunity. I would once in a while peek out the window to see what Scout and Jem were up to, and by no surprise, they were building a snowman.
Later that night, the most horrible thing happened. My house lit on fire and burned to the ground. I was devastated by this and tried to isolate my self from everyone but I knew that I needed help. Almost an hour after my house has been burning; all the people from Maycomb came to save my house. Everyone was so nice and helped out to save all they could. Even fire trucks from other cities came to help which made me brighten up a bit. After the house burned down, quite a bit of furniture was saved which cheered me up a bit more. I just felt like sitting alone because this was a disaster from a wonderful day.
The next day, Scout and Jem were sorry about how my house burned down but I was debating with them about how I hated my house because of how it used up all my yard space. After the house burned down, all I could think of was building a new life. This loss gave me so many opportunities to improve my life. I could build a new yard, a much better yard. I could even make a business off selling plants. This was actually a good opportunity for me to see how much my neighbors and friends care about me. They would always try to cheer me up and felt sad for me. After all this was over, I was happier than ever.

1 comments:

Cody Turner said...

how you used the words most fit to my description of them if i were Miss Maudie. I think that writing can always get improved in different ways so explore yourself like speaking in the characters dialect maybe. I definitely that you captured how the character felt. I would be devastated if my house burnt down but then i would look at the bright side a new house would be a new experience.
from,
Cody Turner